Related job descriptions: Cloud Architect, Cloud Engineer, DevOps, Information Security Engineer, Network Administrator, Network Engineer, Packager / Scripter, Service Desk Agent, Service Desk Coordinator, Service Manager
- You might know this job as System Analyst, IT Performance Engineer, IT Performance Analyst
What is the job description of a System Engineer?
A System Engineer safeguards the performance of IT systems like networks, specific technologies or platforms, cloud networks and offers remote access solution support. They take over complex support issues, audit system security, consult clients, assess network performance and draft incident reports.
What skills does a System Engineer need?
System Engineers need a wide array of technical and soft skills to cater to all aspects of the job. The balance between the two is especially important for System Engineers, since they need to be both technically proficient and highly approachable.
- Expert programming and coding skills in the most common programming and coding languages
- Strong communications skills to communicate complex information toward technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent knowledge of network management, data visualisation and information structure
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with working through remote access
- Ability to work autonomously as well as to collaborate in team
- Analytic mind trained in detailed and structured work
- Flexibility towards variation in their day-to-day duties
- People skills necessary to assist and support non-technical profiles
- Fluent English language skills, as well as native level skills in Dutch and/or French
Degrees & certificates
- BA/MA degree in Computer Science, Web development, Software Engineering or equivalent through experience
- BA/MA degree in Management, Business, HR or or equivalent through experience
- Certifications in network management and/or client-side consultancy
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description comparable to System Engineer? Check out these related profiles in IT Infrastructure/Support or ask our recruiters for advice.