Related job descriptions: Cloud Architect, Cloud Engineer, DevOps, Information Security Engineer, Network Administrator, Network Engineer, Packager / Scripter, Service Desk Agent, Service Desk Coordinator, System Engineer
- You might know this job as Help Desk Manager, Service Desk Manager, Customer Success Manager
What is the job description of a Service Manager?
Service Managers, also known as Customer Success Managers, are focused on maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction. Where Service Desk Agents and Service Desk Coordinators are aimed at technical troubleshooting, Service Managers handle customer inquiries and complaints, draw up customer communication procedures and train new service desk staff in customer care;
What skills does a Service Manager need?
Service Managers need a wide array of managerial and soft skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Excellent people skills and working knowledge or relevant psychological principles important in customer care
- Strategic communications and strong constructive feedback skills
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Working knowledge of IT solutions offered to the end user
- Excellent team player and customer-centric communication skills
- People skills necessary to assist/support non-technical profiles whenever necessary
- Fluent English language skills, as well as native level skills in Dutch and/or French
Degrees & certificates
- BA/MA degree in Business, Management, HR or equivalent through experience
- BA/MA degree in IT or equivalent through experience, with experience in particular in customer service or customer care
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description comparable to Service Manager? Check out these related profiles in IT Infrastructure/Support or ask our recruiters for advice.