Related job descriptions: Cloud Engineer, DevOps, Information Security Engineer, Network Administrator, Network Engineer, Packager / Scripter, Service Desk Agent, Service Desk Coordinator, Service Manager, System Engineer
- You might know this job as Cloud Solutions Architect
What is the job description of a Cloud Architect?
Cloud Architects help companies leverage cloud technologies in the pursuit of specific business goals. They design, plan, implement, maintain and support cloud systems to operate within the company’s mission and vision. Cloud Architects often lead teams of Cloud Engineers to help build and manage the scalable, secure and dynamic cloud solutions they design.
What skills does a Cloud Architect need?
Cloud Architects need a wide array of technical and soft skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Expert level network engineering, programming and design
- Expert mathematical skills, analytical mind, methodical approach
- Expert knowledge of the most common programming languages
- Deep understanding of cloud architecture
- Deep understanding of goal-oriented computing and achieving business goals
- Ability to work autonomously as well as to collaborate in team
- Project management and strong organisational skills
- Analytic mind trained in detailed and structured work
- People skills necessary to communicate complex information to non-technical profiles
Degrees & certificates
- BA/MA degree in Computer Science, Web development, Software Engineering or equivalent through experience
- Certifications in cloud computing and goal-oriented data structuring
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description comparable to Cloud Architect? Check out these related profiles in IT Infrastructure/Support or ask our recruiters for advice.