Job description Service Desk Agent
Related job descriptions: Cloud Architect, Cloud Engineer, DevOps, Information Security Engineer, Network Administrator, Network Engineer, Packager / Scripter, Service Desk Coordinator, Service Manager, System Engineer
- You might know this job as Help Desk Agent, Service Desk Analyst, Customer Support Agent
What is the job description of a Service Desk Agent?
A Service Desk Agent provides customer support to end users of IT services provided by the company. As a Service Desk Agent, you’ll troubleshoot customers’ issues, carry out network repairs and collaborate with other technical profiles to help solve customers’ problems. Help Desk Agents report to Help Desk Coordinators.
What skills does a Service Desk Agent need?
Service Desk Agents need a wide array of technical and soft skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Working knowledge of programming and coding in the most common programming and coding languages
- Expert knowledge of the solutions offered by the organisation to the end user
- Strong communications skills to communicate complex technical information toward non-technical audiences
- Ability to work autonomously as well as to collaborate in team
- People skills necessary to support non-technical profiles in the problem-solving process
- Patient and constructive communication skills
- Multilingual language skills, native in Dutch or French and fluent in English
Degrees & certificates
- BA/MA degree in Computer Science, Web development, Software Engineering or equivalent through experience
- BA/MA degree in HR, Management or equivalent through experience
- Relevant IT certifications
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description comparable to Service Desk Agent? Check out these related profiles in IT Infrastructure/Support or ask our recruiters for advice.