Related job descriptions: Cloud Architect, Cloud Engineer, Information Security Engineer, Network Administrator, Network Engineer, Packager / Scripter, Service Desk Agent, Service Desk Coordinator, Service Manager, System Engineer
- You might know this job as DevOps, Platform Engineer, DevOps Project Manager, DevOps Programme Manager
What is the job description of a DevOps Engineer?
DevOps Engineers bridge the gap between development and operations during the software production lifecycle. They write infrastructure automation, manage code releases and other tasks facilitating the production and release of high-end software solutions and updates.
What skills does a DevOps Engineer need?
DevOps Engineers need a wide array of technical and soft skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Expert programming and coding skills in the most common programming and coding languages
- Working knowledge of end-to-end application development (web based, cloud based, mobile, desktop, IoT)
- Excellent project management and planning skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and detailed way of working, quick response time
- Ability to work autonomously as well as to collaborate in team
- Analytic mind trained in detailed and structured work
- Strong communication skills across teams with different profiles and technical knowledge
- Eagerness to learn new tools, methodologies and theories outside of own skill set
Degrees & certificates
- BA/MA degree in IT or related field, or equivalent through experience
- BA/MA degree in Management or related field, or equivalent through experience
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description comparable to DevOps Engineer? Check out these related profiles in IT Infrastructure/Support or ask our recruiters for advice.