Related job descriptions: Cloud Architect, Cloud Engineer, DevOps, Network Administrator, Network Engineer, Packager / Scripter, Service Desk Agent, Service Desk Coordinator, Service Manager, System Engineer
- You might know this job as Information Security Analysts, IT Security Engineer, Cyber Security Engineer, Cyber Security Analyst
What is the job description of an Information Security Engineer?
Information Security Engineers safeguard organisations’ data security. They scan cloud systems, networks and servers for possible threats, detect and solve security breaches and enforce the data systems where possible.
What skills does an Information Security Engineer need?
Information Security Engineers need a wide array of technical and soft skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Expert knowledge of cyber security, network management and data security
- Advanced skills in software development and data structuring
- Advanced skills in forensic system administration and data recovery
- Expert knowledge of the most prominent programming and coding languages
- Ability to work autonomously as well as to collaborate in team
- Analytic mind trained in detailed and structured work
- Strong communications skills to communicate complex information toward technical and non-technical audiences
Degrees & certificates
- BA/MA degree in Computer Science, Web development, Software Engineering or equivalent through experience
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description comparable to Information Security Engineer? Check out these related profiles in IT Infrastructure/Support or ask our recruiters for advice.