Related job descriptions: Cloud Architect, DevOps, Information Security Engineer, Network Administrator, Network Engineer, Packager / Scripter, Service Desk Agent, Service Desk Coordinator, Service Manager, System Engineer
- You might know this job as Cloud System Engineer, Cloud Software and Network Engineer
What is the job description of a Cloud Engineer?
Cloud Engineers take on the technical workload of implementing cloud technology within companies, including development, implementation, maintenance and management. Where Cloud Architects are focused on the strategic goals of cloud systems, Cloud Engineers are solely focused on fulfilling technical requirements.
What skills does a Cloud Engineer need?
Cloud Engineers need a wide array of technical and soft skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Expert level development skills like programming, coding, software development and IT risk assessment
- Expert knowledge of different cloud service providers and possibilities within cloud computing technologies
- Strong visualisation and modelling skills
- Experience with web services and API scripting
- Expert skills in data analysis and structuring
- Project management and planning skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as to collaborate in team
- Analytic mind trained in detailed and structured work
- People skills necessary to assist/support non-technical profiles whenever necessary
- Strong communication skills, quick response time and strong problem-solving skills
Degrees & certificates
- BA/MA degree in Computer Science, Web development, Software Engineering or equivalent through experience
- Certifications related to cloud computing
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description comparable to Cloud Engineer? Check out these related profiles in IT Infrastructure/Support or ask our recruiters for advice.