Related job descriptions: Cloud Architect, Cloud Engineer, DevOps, Information Security Engineer, Network Engineer, Packager / Scripter, Service Desk Agent, Service Desk Coordinator, Service Manager, System Engineer
- You might know this job as System Administrator, System & Network Administrator, LAN Administrator
What is the job description of a Network Administrator?
Network Administrators specialise in information networking within companies, ranging from cloud networks and company-specific network requirements to wide area networks (WANs) and local area networks (LANs). They design and maintain networks, monitor network availability, collect data and offer support. Network Administrators work closely with Network Engineers.
What skills does a Network Administrator need?
Network Administrators need a wide array of technical and soft skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Expert network management skills
- Expert programming and coding skills in the most common programming and coding languages
- Strong analytic mind and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as to collaborate in team
- Analytic mind trained in detailed and structured work
- Strong communications skills to communicate complex information toward technical and non-technical audiences
Degrees & certificates
- BA/MA degree in Computer Science, Web development, Software Engineering or equivalent through experience
- Certifications in network management and/or cyber security
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description comparable to Network Administrator? Check out these related profiles in IT Infrastructure/Support or ask our recruiters for advice.