Job description Application Packager
Related job descriptions: Cloud Architect, Cloud Engineer, DevOps, Information Security Engineer, Network Administrator, Network Engineer, Service Desk Agent, Service Desk Coordinator, Service Manager, System Engineer
- You might know this job as Scripter, Application Processor & Packager, Application Scripter
What is the job description of a Application Packager?
Application Packagers or Scripters develop custom software packages to meet companies’ needs. They analyse organisations’ needs and existing processes, assess necessary changes and write custom software. They also document processes and update documentation where needed. Application Packagers often work in concert with IT engineering teams.
What skills does an Application Packager need?
Application Packagers need a wide array of technical and soft skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Expert programming and coding skills in the most common programming and coding languages
- Expert skills in software development and implementation
- Strong communications skills to efficiently communicate complex information
- Expert skills in technical documentation or necessary tools to brief Technical Writers
- Ability to work autonomously as well as to collaborate in team
- Strong planning and project management skills
- Analytic mind trained in detailed and structured work, as well as goal-oriented
- People skills necessary to assist/support non-technical profiles whenever necessary
Degrees & certificates
- BA/MA degree in Web development, Software Engineering or equivalent through experience
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description comparable to Application Packager? Check out these related profiles in IT Infrastructure/Support or ask our recruiters for advice.