Job description Network Engineer
Related job descriptions: Cloud Architect, Cloud Engineer, DevOps, Information Security Engineer, Network Administrator, Packager / Scripter, Service Desk Agent, Service Desk Coordinator, Service Manager, System Engineer
- You might know this job as Network Analyst
What is the job description of a Network Engineer?
Network Engineers build organisations’ network infrastructures and report directly to a Network Administrator. Network Engineers design, plan, implement, manage, monitor and maintain information systems within different types of networks, like LAN, WLAN and cloud networks.
What skills does a Network Engineer need?
Network Engineers need a wide array of technical and soft skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Expert programming and coding skills in the most common programming and coding languages
- Strong communications skills to efficiently communicate complex information
- Expert knowledge of network management
- Working knowledge of strategic data structuring
- Ability to work autonomously as well as to collaborate in team
- Analytic mind trained in detailed and structured work
- Excellent project management and planning skills
- People skills necessary to assist/support non-technical profiles whenever necessary
Degrees & certificates
- BA/MA degree in Computer Science, Web development, Software Engineering or equivalent through experience
- Certifications in network management and data structuring
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description comparable to Network Engineer? Check out these related profiles in IT Infrastructure/Support or ask our recruiters for advice.