Related job descriptions: Agile Coach, Business Project Manager, Change Manager, Head of PMO, PMO Assistant, Programme Manager, Project Manager Applications, Project Manager Digital, Project Manager Infrastructure
- You might know this job as Team Enabler, Iteration Manager
What is the job description of a Scrum Master?
A Scrum Master is an expert in the iterative project management style Agile. They direct teams, safeguard strategies aimed at the company goals and manage processes in the Agile way of working. They also report on progress and status toward executives. The Scrum Master differs from the Agile Coach in that they are more hands-on and operational, as opposed to the wider scope aimed at change management of the Agile Coach.
What skills and responsibilities does a Scrum Master have?
Scrum Masters need a wide array of soft and managerial skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Expert knowledge of the iterative project management framework Agile
- Expert coaching and team management techniques
- Strategic mindset in service of team and company objectives
- Operational management skills such as team direction, process monitoring and reporting
- Collaboration with multidisciplinary teams
- Productive communication skills towards all participants
Degrees & Certificates
- BA/MA with proven knowledge of the Agile-framework
- No higher degree with proven experience in and additional certifications of the Agile-framework
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description similar to Scrum Master? Check out these related profiles in IT PMO or ask our recruiters for advice.