Related job descriptions: Agile Coach, Infrastructure Project Manager, Change Manager, Head of PMO, PMO Assistant, Program Manager, Applications Project Manager, Digital Project Manager, Scrum Master
- You might know this job as Corporate Project Manager
What is the job description of a Business Project Manager?
Business Project Managers manage and coordinate projects in service of an organisation’s business goals and targets, such as returning a certain profit within a predetermined time frame. A Business PM allocates budgets, manages resources, assess risks and identify KPIs relevant to the project’s goals. They often incentivise team members through high-quality training and personal recommendations.
What skills and responsibilities does a Business Project Manager have?
Business Project Managers need a wide array of soft and managerial skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Expert knowledge of organisational strategies
- Maintaining a high-level overview of the scope of the project and the roles of all stakeholders
- Maintaining the timeline, assessing risks and adjusting in service of company objectives using people management and strategic thinking
- Reporting results and next steps to decision makers such as higher management or board members
- Collaboration with multidisciplinary teams
- Productive communication skills towards all participants
- Constructive feedback techniques
- Staying up-to-date with current trends and technological innovations relevant to the company’s objectives
Degrees & Certificates
- BA/MA in business, management or a related field
- BA/MA in unrelated field or no higher degree with proven experience and additional certifications
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description similar to Business Project Manager? Check out these related profiles in IT PMO or ask our recruiters for advice.