Related job descriptions: Agile Coach, Infrastructure Project Manager, Change Manager, Head of PMO, PMO Assistant, Program Manager, Applications Project Manager, Digital Project Manager, Scrum Master
- You might know this job as Program Director
What is the job description of a Programme Manager?
A Program Director designs and develops programmes in service of company goals. They plan and manage resources like talent and budget, supervise programme execution and present status reports, as well as train personnel and safeguard deadlines.The programmes consist of several projects headed by Project Managers all working in concert to fulfill the programmes overall objectives
What skills and responsibilities does a Program Manager have?
Program Managers need a wide array of soft and managerial as well as administrative skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Expert knowledge of word processing software such as MS Office, Google Suite, Apple iWork
- Expert knowledge of communication software such as mail clients (Gmail, Outlook) and messenger platforms (Slack, Yammer)
- Expert knowledge of project management software such as MS Teams, Wrike, Monday.com, Asana, Atlassian tools
- Drafting and presenting visual presentations illustrating the program’s progress
Organisational & managerial skills
- People management skills such as providing constructive feedback, managing program progress, identifying friction points and working towards solutions
- In-depth knowledge of each project’s objectives and their strategic value within the program towards the company objectives
- High-level project management and delegating skills to manage the overarching goals of each individual project
- Determining the KPIs by which to measure the program’s status and success
- Collaboration with multidisciplinary teams and managing all teams towards the same goals
- Productive communication skills towards all participants
- Constructive feedback techniques
- Staying up-to-date with current trends and technological innovations relevant to the company’s objectives
Degrees & Certificates
- BA/MA in business, management or a related field
- BA/MA in unrelated field or no higher degree with proven experience and additional certifications
Job Descriptions like Program Manager
Looking for a job description comparable to Program Manager? Check out these related profiles in IT PMO or ask our recruiters for advice.