Job Description Change Manager
Related job descriptions: Agile Coach, Business Manager, Infrastructure Project Manager, Head of PMO, PMO Assistant, Program Manager, Applications Project Manager, Digital Project Manager, Scrum Master
- You might know this job as Corporate Change Management Consultant, Change Management Coordinator, Transformation Manager
What is the job description of a Change Manager?
Change Managers are hired to facilitate radical changes in organisational structures. They juggle the priorities of all stakeholders with economic realities and manage the implementation of strategic transformations. The Change Manager determines the organisation's new objectives in collaboration with the board of directors, after which they determine KPIs to maintain strategic integrity.
What skills and responsibilities does a Change Manager have?
Change Managers need a wide array of soft and managerial skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Expert knowledge of organisational strategies and market trends
- Maintaining a high-level overview of the scope of the transformation and the roles of all stakeholders towards the organisational objectives
- Maintaining the timeline, assessing risks and adjusting in service of company objectives using people management and strategic thinking
- Reporting results and next steps to decision makers such as higher management or board members
- Collaboration with multidisciplinary teams across the organisation in service of the larger structural transformation
- Productive communication skills towards all participants
- Constructive feedback techniques and communication skills adapted to different communication needs
- Staying up-to-date with current trends and technological innovations relevant to the company’s objectives
Degrees & Certificates
- BA/MA in business, management or a related field
- BA/MA in unrelated field or no higher degree with proven experience and additional certifications
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description similar to Change Manager? Check out these related profiles in IT PMO or ask our recruiters for advice.