Job Description Applications Project Manager
Related job descriptions: Agile Coach, Business Project Manager, Change Manager, Head of PMO, PMO Assistant, Program Manager, Infrastructure Project Manager, Digital Project Manager, Scrum Master
- You might know this job as Software Project Manager
What is the job description of an Applications Project Manager?
An Applications Project Manager manages application and software development projects. They manage resources, time and talent within the project, and guard the scope of the project towards clients. They are sufficiently well-versed in the technical aspects of the project at hand to be able to safeguard the quality of deliverables.
What skills and responsibilities does an Applications Project Manager have?
Agile Coaches need a wide array of technical, soft and managerial skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Working knowledge of application and software development in the programming languages and systems used by the development team
- Strategic mindset in service of team and company objectives
- People management skills aimed at improved productivity
- Maintaining a project overview at all times, continuously assessing and adjusting the course in line with the objectives
- Collaboration with multidisciplinary teams
- Productive communication skills towards all stakeholders
Degrees & Certificates
- BA/MA in business, management, computer science, software development, application development or a related field
- BA/MA in unrelated field or no higher degree with proven experience and additional certifications
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description similar to Applications Project Manager? Check out these related profiles in IT PMO or ask our recruiters for advice.