Job Description Head of PMO
Related job descriptions: Agile Coach, Business Project Manager Infrastructure Project Manager, Change Manager, PMO Assistant, Program Manager, Applications Project Manager, Digital Project Manager, Scrum Master
- You might know this job as Head of Operations, Head of Project Management, PMO Director
What is the job description of a Head of PMO?
The Head of PMO leads the PMO department and is responsible for designing the framework within which projects are created, managed and completed. They create methodologies, standards and dependencies according to which projects are designed. Moreover, the PMO Director will assess day-to-day workings and monitor progress in light of predetermined KPIs.
What skills and responsibilities does a Head of PMO have?
PMO Directors need a wide array of soft and managerial skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Expert knowledge of organisational strategies and needs
- Strategic and analytical mind used to determine relevant KPIs in service of company objectives
- Expert knowledge of the creation of frameworks, user guides, processes and systems optimised to efficiently reach organisational goals
- Productive communication skills towards PMO Executives, motivating them within the implemented framework
- Constructive feedback techniques
- Staying up-to-date with current trends and technological innovations relevant to the company’s objectives
Degrees & Certificates
- BA/MA in business, management or a related field
- BA/MA in unrelated field or no higher degree with proven experience and additional certifications
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description similar to Head of PMO? Check out these related profiles in IT PMO or ask our recruiters for advice.