Related job descriptions: Agile Coach, Business Project Manager, Change Manager, Head of PMO, PMO Assistant, Program Manager, Applications Project Manager, Infrastructure Project Manager, Scrum Master
- You might know this job as Virtual Project Manager, Online Project Manager
What is the job description of an Digital Project Manager?
A Digital Project Manager manages and coordinates projects that are entirely carried out digitally, either online or through a local network. They manage resources, allocate budgets, provide status reports, maintain deadlines and safeguard the project scope. They ensure deliverables arrive safely with the client and follow up on any and all feedback and subsequent rework.
What skills and responsibilities does a Digital Project Manager have?
Digital Project Managers need wide array of administrative, soft and managerial skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Expert knowledge of word processing software such as MS Office, Google Suite, Apple iWork
- Expert knowledge of communication software such as mail clients (Gmail, Outlook) and messenger platforms (Slack, Yammer)
- Expert knowledge of project management software such as MS Teams, Wrike, Monday.com, Asana, Atlassian tools
Organisational & managerial skills
- People management skills such as providing constructive feedback, managing progress, identifying friction points and working towards solutions
- In-depth knowledge of the project objectives and their strategic value
- Collaboration within multidisciplinary teams
- Productive communication skills between all team members
- Linking the client to the operational team in service of productivity and efficiency, translating wants and needs into actionable solutions
Degrees & Certificates
- BA/MA in management, business or a related field
- BA/MA in an unrelated field or no higher degree with proven project management experience and additional certifications
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description similar to Digital Project Manager? Check out these related profiles in IT PMO or ask our recruiters for advice.