Related job descriptions: Agile Coach, Infrastructure Project Manager, Change Manager, Head of PMO, PMO Assistant, Program Manager, Applications Project Manager, Digital Project Manager, Scrum Master
- You might know this job as PMO Executive
What is the job description of a PMO Assistant?
A PMO Assistant works directly with the Head of PMO to facilitate the inner workings of the project management office. Their job mainly involves administrative tasks such as updating manuals and other reference texts relating to the framework, keeping track of project statuses and providing project support where necessary.
What skills and responsibilities does a PMO Assistant have?
PMO Assistants need a wide array of administrative and soft skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Expert knowledge of word processing software such as MS Office, Google Suite, Apple iWork
- Expert knowledge of communication software such as mail clients (Gmail, Outlook) and messenger platforms (Slack, Yammer)
- Expert knowledge of project management software such as MS Teams, Wrike, Monday.com, Asana, Atlassian tools
- Excellent language skills and the ability to translate technical updates into storytelling fit for the PMO framework.
- Collaboration with multidisciplinary teams and insight into team dynamics
- Productive communication skills towards all team members
- Identifying possible points of friction and proactively approaching them
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description similar to PMO Assistant? Check out these related profiles in IT PMO or ask our recruiters for advice.