Job description Security Architect
Available positions: [links naar vacatures]
Related job descriptions: Application Architect, Data Architect, Enterprise Architect, Infrastructure Architect, Solution Architect
- You might know this job as Information Security Architect, IT Security Architect, Data Security Architect
What is the job description of a Security Architect?
Security Architects design, implement and maintain robust security architectures for organisations, particularly in relation to IT projects. They plan, test, implement and optimise systems in accordance with security standards practiced within the organisation, but also update those standards when needed. Security Architects also manage practical matters like authentication.
What skills does a Security Architect need?
Security Architects need a wide array of technical and soft skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Expert knowledge of IT risk management and cyber security
- Experience in authentication, identity management, cryptography, security protocols and similar technologies
- Understanding of the enterprise’s business and organisational needs
- Ability to work autonomously as well as to collaborate in team
- Quick thinking and elaborate problem-solving skills, apt crisis management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability of communicating complex information in an understandable way
- Project management and planning skills
Degrees & Certificates
- BA/MA degree in Computer Science, Web development, Software Engineering or equivalent through experience
- Relevant certifications in cyber security, network security, IT security, authentication and similar fields
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description comparable to Security Architect? Check out these related profiles in IT Architecture or ask our recruiters for advice.