Available positions: [links naar vacatures]
Related job descriptions: Data Architect, Enterprise Architect, Infrastructure Architect, Security Architect, Solution Architect
- You might know this job as System Architect, Computer Architect, Software Architect, Technical Architect, IT Architect
What is the job description of an Application Architect?
As an Application Architect, you’ll optimise existing applications, run software teste, develop prototypes and create new applications. You will evaluate application technologies and train a team of programmers and software developers in what you need.
The job could entail creating technical documentation and manuals or require a collaboration with a Technical Writer to that end.
What skills does a Application Architect need?
Application Architects need a wide array of technical, managerial and soft skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Expert knowledge of programming and software development
- Expert knowledge of end-to-end application development (web based, cloud based, mobile, desktop, IoT)
- Expert in system modelling, analysis and design
- Directing team efforts towards the project goals
- Extending thorough and structured briefings
- Planning and organisational skills
- Strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work autonomously as well as to collaborate in team
- Analytic mind trained in detailed and structured work
- Providing constructive feedback and direction to the development team
- Expert communication skills
Degrees & Certificates
- BA/MA degree in Computer Science, Web development, Software Engineering or equivalent through experience
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description comparable to Application Architect? Check out these related profiles in IT Architecture or ask our recruiters for advice.