Related job descriptions: Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Compliance & Validation Engineer, DPO (Data Protection Officer), IT Auditor
- You might know this job as IT Risk Manager, Risk Manager, Cyber Risk & Resilience Manager
What is the job description of an ICT Risk Manager?
IT Risk Managers advise companies on potential risks within their information systems and technological needs to safeguard business goals and strategies. They identify potential risks, devise possible solutions, develop protocols and train staff.
What skills does an IT Risk Manager need?
ICT Risk Managers need a wide array of technical, managerial and soft skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Thorough knowledge of all systems and technology used by the company as well as keeping up to data with relevant innovations in the field.
- Strategic thinking in service of business goals and company strategy
- Expert knowledge of company information infrastructure and needs, as well as its role towards company goals
- Expert knowledge of risk assessment and prevention
- Ability to communicate complex information to non-technical profiles throughout the company
- Ability to brief, train and direct staff in the application of new protocols
- Leadership skills
- Ability to formulate constructive feedback to a wide array of different stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously as well as to collaborate in team
- Analytic mind trained in detailed and structured work
- People skills necessary to assist/support non-technical profiles whenever necessary
- Fluent English language skills, as well as native level skills in Dutch and/or French
Degrees & Certificates
- BA/MA degree in Business, Management, Economics, Finance, Accounting or equivalent through experience
- BA/MA degree in IT, Data Science, Information Architecture or equivalent through experience
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description comparable to ICT Risk Manager? Check out these related profiles in IT development or ask our recruiters for advice.