Job description IT Auditor
Related job descriptions: Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), Compliance & Validation Engineer, DPO (Data Protection Officer), ICT Risk Manager
- You might know this job as Information System Auditor, Technology Auditor, System Auditor
What is the job description of an IT Auditor?
IT Auditors audit information systems for weak spots and develop plans of action to optimise system security. Among others, they optimise operating system platforms, information networks and information technology in search of the most efficient and effective ways of working.
What skills does an IT Auditor need?
IT Auditors need a wide array of technical and soft skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Expert knowledge of IT auditing standards
- Expert knowledge of visual modelling tools
- Working knowledge of IT auditing tools and methods
- Expert knowledge of business strategy and information security
- Ability to work autonomously as well as to collaborate in team
- Analytic mind trained in detailed and structured work
- People skills necessary to assist/support and to communicate to non-technical profiles
- Project management and organisational skills
Degrees & Certificates
- BA/MA degree in Computer Science, Web development, Software Engineering or equivalent through experience
- Certifications in cybersecurity, auditing
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description comparable to IT Auditor? Check out these related profiles in IT development or ask our recruiters for advice.