Available positions: [links naar vacatures]
Related job descriptions: Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Functional Analyst, Technical Analyst
- You might know this job as Data Mining Specialist, Big Data Specialist, Data Processing Specialist
What does a Data Scientist do?
In their capacity as analytical experts, Data Scientists analyse large quantities of structured and unstructured data with the goal of providing solutions to complex problems. Through the application of scientific research, custom processes, tailored algorithms and technologically advanced systems to distill insights into possible trends, errors and more.
What skills does a Data Scientist need?
Data science is a multidisciplinary field where a lot of variation is possible depending on the needs and nature of the company. Below, you’ll find a non-exhaustive list of skills often needed to excel in the job of Data Scientist.
- Data visualisation of complex data in service of specific goals
- Working knowledge of a statistical programming language like R, Python, MatLab, SAS or SQL
- Analytical and strategic skills to distill important from secondary data
- Affinity with machine learning and AI
- Software engineering
- Eagerness to learn and stay on top of innovations
- Translating complex data to understandable terms and reporting to management
- Collaborating with others in a multidisciplinary team to reach company goals
Degrees & certificates
- BA/MA degree in Computer Science, Web development, Software Engineering or a related field
- BA/MA or no higher degree with the addition of relevant certificates and proven experience in the job of Data Scientist or related profile
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description comparable to Data Scientist? Check out these related profiles in IT Analysis or ask our recruiters for advice.