Job description Data Analyst
Available positions: [links naar vacatures]
Related job descriptions: Business Analyst, Data Scientist, Functional Analyst, Technical Analyst
- You might know this job as Data Specialist, Data Modeler, Data Warehouse Analyst, Data Consultant, Data Technician, Data Abstractor
What does a Data Analyst do?
Data Analyst is a research profile, just like Functional Analyst, and describes a specialist who collects, sorts and analyses data sets like statistics. Based on the collected data, they determine which benchmarks are necessary for follow-up and evaluation in light of predetermined business goals. The type of data an analyst handles depends on the company and/or department in which they are active.
What skills does a Data Analyst need?
As a Data Analyst, your job will largely depend on a varied technical skillset. Working within a team will also require basic soft skills.
- Thorough theoretical knowledge of data collection and statistics
- Using advanced software and script writing to collect and process data
- Analytic mind in service of business goals
- Distilling essential data, cleaning corrupted data and dashboarding
- Collaborating with other research profiles in service of analysis
- Reporting on findings and distilling relevant information to management
Degrees & certificates
- BA/MA in statistics, mathematics, programming or a related field
- BA/MA in unrelated field or no higher education with relevant certificates and proven relevant experience in a job as Data Analyst or Data Researcher
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description comparable to Data Analyst? Check out these related profiles in IT Analysis or ask our recruiters for advice.