Available positions: [links naar vacatures]
Related job descriptions: Business Analyst, Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Technical Analyst
- You might know this job as Functional Scientist, Functional Analysis Specialist, Functional Analysis Expert, Functional Data Researcher, Functional Business Analyst
What does a Functional Analyst do?
A Functional Analyst has the job of managing the implementation of previously selected solutions in service of company objective and business requirements. To do so, they translate business analyses made by Business Analysts into technical roadmaps detailing the designs, configurations, installations or updates needed
What skills does a Functional Analyst need?
Depending on the company and sector in which you are a Functional Analyst, you will need the following skillset. Since Functional Analyst is a complex job to describe, the skills mentioned are a non-exhaustive list of minimum requirements.
- Advanced programming and coding skills
- Complex data visualisation and data warehousing
- Dashboarding and reporting skills
- Knowledge of notation and modeling systems
- Being able to productively communicate with all profiles in a multidisciplinary team
- Reporting in service of business requirements and company objectives toward management
- Team management
Degrees & certificates
- BA/MA in computer science, information science or related field
- BA/MA in unrelated field or no higher education with relevant certificates and proven relevant experience in a job as Functional Analyst
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description similar to Functional Analyst? Check out these related profiles in IT Analysis or ask our recruiters for advice.