Job Description Test Manager
Related job descriptions: Test Engineer
- You might know this job as Testing Manager, Test Supervisor, Quality Assurance Manager
What is the job description of a Test Manager?
Test Managers establish quality guidelines, and oversee development and implementation of product testing. They also recruit and train Test Engineers, gather all necessary data to evaluate testing processes, automate where possible and minimise unknown variables. They are responsible for the smooth collaboration between all teams involved in the testing process.
What skills and responsibilities does a Test Manager have?
Test Managers need a wide array of technical, managerial and soft skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Expert knowledge of production processes, optimisation and automation
- Expert knowledge of data analytics and project management
- Analytical, detailed and organised mind
- Training skills
- Collaboration with multidisciplinary teams
- Productive communication skills about necessary technical optimisations
- Motivation to stay on top of technological innovations relevant to the field
- Managerial skills, preferably garnered from experience leading multidisciplinary teams
Degrees & Certificates
- BA/MA in management or a related field
- BA/MA in an unrelated field or no higher degree with proven experience and additional certifications
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description similar to Test Manager? Check out these related profiles in IT Testing or ask our recruiters for advice.