Related job descriptions: Test Manager
- You might know this job as Validation Engineer, Testing Engineer, Test Architect
What is the job description of a Test Engineer?
Test Engineers set up testing environments for products, systems and/or applications early in the development process. They collaborate with other departments to make sure all deliverables meet requirements and are delivered within the deadline. They provide the development team with actionable feedback to assure the quality of the deliverables.
What skills and responsibilities does a Test Engineer have?
Test Engineers need a wide array of technical and soft skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- Expert knowledge of the products, systems, applications being produced
- Analytical, detailed and organised mind
- Working knowledge of production processes and requirements
- Project management skills
- Collaboration with multidisciplinary teams
- Productive communication skills about necessary technical alterations
- Motivation to stay on top of technological innovations relevant to the field
Degrees & Certificates
- BA/MA in a field related to your desired sector, like software development or product development
- BA/MA in an unrelated field or no higher degree with proven experience and additional certifications
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description similar to Test Engineer? Check out these related profiles in IT Testing or ask our recruiters for advice.