Related job categories: IT Audit & Compliance, IT Infrastructure & Support, IT Development
- You might know this job as Database Director, Database Manager, Database Analyst, DBA
What is the job description of a Database Administrator?
As a Database Administrator, you are in charge of managing data to safeguard the integrity and high performance of databases. You will be responsible for, among other things, defining data-based rules, providing support to users, improving accessibility, modelling and migrating data, and training other IT professionals.
What skills does a Database Administrator need?
Database Administrators hold a managerial position and need a wide array of technical and soft skills to cater to all aspects of the job.
- In-depth knowledge of database management en design i.e. queries, theory, design, structuring, configuration…
- Expert programming and coding skills
- Expert knowledge of data architecture and warehousing
- Ability to work autonomously as well as to collaborate in team
- Analytic mind trained in detailed and structured work
- People skills necessary to assist/support non-technical profiles whenever necessary
- Fluent English language skills, as well as native level skills in Dutch and/or French
Degrees & Certificates
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer
- BA/MA degree in Computer Science, Web development, Software Engineering or equivalent through experience
Similar job descriptions
Looking for a job description similar to Database Administrator? Check out these related job fields in IT or ask our recruiters for advice.
- IT Audit & Compliance
- IT Infrastructure & Support
- IT Development