Within the IT organization, there are 8 colleagues working in the MFT team, who are responsible for the file transfer tools, used in both internal and external connections. Also they support the products Connect: Direct and UDM (Universal Data Mover) on both Mainframe and Open Systems. As a result, they are the main contact point for the support teams when more complex file transfer problems occur. They also manage file transfers from and to external parties via Axway Synchrony Gateway and Seeburger.
Location Mechelen location-independent work, including working from home, are strongly established. In this function it is possible that you will work outside office hours during release moments. Furthermore, after your training period you will participate in a permanent scheme with the other Application Integration colleagues.
You will be responsible for setting up, installing and maintaining the middleware components on Windows, Unix and / or Linux servers and zOS. This means you come into contact with all possible aspects of file transfer and work together with colleagues in a team within a challenging and changing environment.
You provide the necessary realizations in accordance to committed timings A selection from the range of tasks:
• Manage and update the current file transfer frameworks
• Assisting the other IIT and ICT teams with the design of new transfers
• Establish and maintain external connections
• Setting up the file transfer roadmap, tooling and concepts
• Both in terms of internal, intragroup and external file transfer Necessary skills
• File transfer background and/or experience (certificates, codepages, protocols, ...)
• Scripting skills
• Basic knowledge Open Systems and mainframe
• packaging, maintaining scripted frameworks, installations, ...
You are simultaneously assertive, convincing and diplomatic. You like to take on responsibilities and you are able to work independently and are a problem solver. Accordingly, you have strong communication skills, as you regularly come into contact with internal clients or external parties. You like to work on a project basis and can work in a constructive and professional way with colleagues within the team and through the organization in a sometimes time-critical environment.
System administration, Installation, Agile, Implemetation, Filetransfer, IIT, Linux, MS Windows, Unix, z/OS, Collaborating, Desire to learn, Problem solver