The Unix Engineering team is responsible for the 2nd and 3rd level support of 1000+ Red Hat Linux and IBM AIX servers running various applications. The team is also responsible for architectural designs for projects using Unix/Linux as well as accountable and responsible for the stability of Unix/Linux environments.
The team provides onsite cover between the hours of 09:00 and 17:00 Mon – Fri, and also provides watchduty cover outside of office hours.
Participate to the migration of Lieberman password vault to Cyberark product. Participate to the migration of Powerbroker to Cyberark product. Work with with members of Unix team and Cyberark project team. Participate to design, test phase and launch phase.
Impact: Cyberark is critical to the company, as it will manage access to privileged account and critical business applications. Also the project has tight deadline, being able to work under pressure and being able to prioritize your work is a strong asset.
The creation and administration of technical documentation for the Unix team as and when required. Present to and train colleagues to support our Linux environment. Impact: Documentation and Information.
Provide 3rd level support for Linux operating systems and applications within the client. Escalation to third party vendors when required.
Impact: Ensure compliance with Key Performance Indicators.
Description: Technical validation/review of system changes within the company. Planning and administration of changes affecting the Linux environment.
Impact: Ensure Changes are reviewed and performed on time.
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• Strong Red Hat Linux knowledge, Red Hat 6/7
• Experience with KVM
• Experience with Red Hat Cluster
• Good knowledge of RPM, yum, kickstart, and related technologies
• Red Hat Ansible v2.x
• BeyondTrust PowerBroker : installation, administration, coding
• Quest Authentication Services (QAS)
• Security tools and concepts (SSH, SSL, PKI, LDAP, etc.)
• Cyberark suite
• Focus on system security and cybersecurity
• Experience in writing Technical Documentation
ADDITIONAL TECHNICAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• Experience with automation and lifecycle management in medium-sized environments (100's of servers)
• Shell scripting
• Ability to analyse complex data
HIGHLY DESIRABLE TECHNICAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
• Financial services / controlled environment exposure -
Due to the sensitive nature of our business, systems are subject to tight change control procedures.
A familiarity with and understanding of the need for these types of controls would be a definite plus.
ABILITY TO USE THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS IS REQUIRED FOR DAY-TO-DAY TASKS
• Microsoft Windows
• Microsoft Office Products
• Lotus Notes
• Proven technical ability.
• Excellent attention to detail and a high level of accuracy.
• Must be able to set realistic targets and meet deadlines.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and oral) and organisational skills.
• Outgoing, resourceful and able to obtain information from other parts of the organisation efficiently and with minimum disruption.
• Excellent analytical skills, versatile, and inquisitive.
• Ability to work both independently and as a team member