The manager Network Innovation will work in the department of Network Management & Innovation and supports the Equipment pool manager in the ongoing management of the equipment pool services. In addition the manager is responsible to identify equipment enhancement or pool service expansion options.
Department: Network Management and Innovation
Reports hierarchically to: Senior Manager Network Integration
• Day to day management of the IPC Box Pool service which includes but is not limited to keeping stock levels up to date in system and managing repatriation transports
• Pro-actively monitor compliance issues and coordinate in case of operational issues with suppliers and participants
• Identify potential network transport service(s) & equipment needs
• Coordinate a workgroup of participants on expansion options and equipment enhancement options
• Coordinate work towards collectively agreed requirements and technical specifications
• Maintain a good working relationship with stakeholders
• Act as the official representative of IPC towards the stakeholders & external suppliers
• Support the development and implementation work on new IPC network and enhanced equipment pool service(s)
5. AUTONOMOUS DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
• in managing relationship with stakeholders and third part suppliers
• in managing the day-to-day activities
• in identifying service enhancement or expansion options
6. RESULT AREAS
RESULT AREA 1:
• Robust day to day management of pool services
• Consistent monitoring of compliance with agreed procedures
• Identify opportunities for innovation of the transport and equipment pool services
• Manage pool service participants to provide active input and to take required action
• Complete with group of participants the feasibility assessment to design and deploy new or enhanced equipment in postal operations
• Exchange of information: Head of Department, Managers, Staff & team members
• Negotiations with:
• Exchange of information: prospect posts, pool service participants & suppliers
• Negotiations with: suppliers
Knowledge & Experience:
Knowledge and Experience…
• Have notion of doing feasibility assessments, cost-benefit assessments and project management (having some level of project management experience is a plus but not a requirement)
• Have experience in logistics (a bonus would be experience in postal/ parcel & express operational processes and mechanised handling processes and or transport operational processes (for example air cargo, road haulage)
• Experience in managing vendors and other 3rd party suppliers
The following experience or knowledge is not strictly required but considered a plus:
• materials and techniques to produce packing material/ transport equipment
• experience with tracking solutions for equipment
• experience in working in multi-national, multi-cultural environment
• Critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Good business sense
• Good spoken/ written English
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Influencing and Convincing
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Plenty of initiative, ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty.
• Proficient in Microsoft office software applications.
• Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
• A positive attitude
• Negotiation skills
• Alert and flexible