The client is continuously working on its existing back and front office applications. Next to the usual maintenance effort, there is a large pipeline of projects to be realised.
Many of these projects depends on document flows within the organisation. For the
management of these document flows, various applications are used. The applications are developed based on a Cobol/DB2 back-office, with various technologies used on the frontoffice side (mainly C# .NET).
Projects include both the re-engineering of existing flows or applications and the
implementation of new flows or features.
We are looking for a Mainframe Developer to strengthen the team that is developing and maintaining the document management solutions.
- The developer will analyse, challenge and understand the functional requirements.
- He will next develop the solution.
- He must respect the developing standards and procedures of the client.
- He must respect the priority and milestones that are given to him.
- He is responsible for the unit testing and documentation of each module he produces.
- Bachelor in Computer Sciences or equivalent by experience
- Strong experience in COBOL programming.
- Knowledge of IBM mainframe / DB2 infrastructure.
- Able to convert functional design descriptions into technical implementations.
- Microsoft Office tools
- Unit testing techniques
- Excel’s Macro and VBA
- SQL knowledge
- XML knowledge
- Software Design Life Cycle methodology
- Experience in Electronic Document Management Processes
- Experience in the insurance business
- Analytical skills to structure requirements before implementing the solution.
- Experience with insurance/banking applications
- Good analytical skills
- Solution driven
- Team worker
- Work in an organized and structured way
- Able to work in a large, complex and multicultural organization
- Stress resistant