The aim is to be the future of high quality home renovation and repairs, an intelligent marketplace connecting customers with the right trader to suit their needs. We're scaling quickly (and have already been featured on national TV) and will be looking for an enthusiastic technologists to join the team, to help us scale the product and enhance it over the coming years.
There is a very clear market gap in Belgian for consumers seeking high quality traders; Jaimy seeks to fill that gap, and is backed by a large Belgian corporate firm. This is just the start: we are scaling up quickly and are set to launch on nationwide TV later this year. We’re looking for smart people to join us on this journey to build a company that delights traders and home proud customers alike.
As a Front End Engineer you will own the frontend development on all web and mobile based products, including internal operation tools as well as external-facing websites. Our product is due to launch soon, and as one of the early employees in this new initiative, you will have the opportunity to take an active role in strategic decisions and the overall direction of the venture.
What you'll do:
● Lead the development of our web and mobile products, working in React
● Improve our build process and deployment
● Collaborate with a team of engineers, designers and key individuals to deliver empowering user experiences
● Communicate ideas with cross-functional teams in an effective manner
● Build UIs using modern tools such as ES6, React, Redux and React Native.
● Deliver high-quality, well-tested code
● Pitch in where needed as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional team
What you'll need:
● Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
● You know the difference between GIT merge and GIT rebase
● You have experience deploying production applications (e.g. AWS)
● Rave about the benefits that CI / CD has given you in previous projects
● Care deeply about performance, accessibility and API design
● Have a high bar for user experience quality
● A solid background in Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and deftness at object-oriented design and systems architecture
● Great communication skills