The Fiber & Backhaul Solutions team finds solutions for all required connectivity popping up at our external and internal customers. The solution itself can be built upon the vast fiber network of the client, could make use of a microwave solution or ultimately might be based upon a leased line from another operator.
The team builds and controls these solutions and defines the extensions to the network to fulfill the ever-growing demand of bandwidth. Cost calculations are made to connect the customers of the client Business via our network, microwave solutions are being defined which allows us to swiftly adapt based on required capacity.
If a solution based on our own network isn’t cost-effective, we go out to seek alternatives elsewhere. Always thinking about the optimum usage of our network and safeguarding TCO on short and long term.
• Design expansions of the fiber network in order to expand and maintain the clients network according to the commercial and technical deadlines
• Ensuring administrative support for the installation and maintenance of all technical locations and with our professional customers
• To limit the impact of these fiber-related construction works, you make analysis and propose potential alternative ways and backup strategies.
• Keeping the technical documentation up-to-date (allocation of nodes to equipment, floor and rack space management, floor plans, wiring diagrams, rack diagrams, ...), in order to be able to inform technicians correctly about the state of affairs at the various locations and in order to create new installations and to be able to carry out interventions efficiently.
• Ad hoc execution of head-station visits for the start of the works, during the work and after the works, in order to assure us of a correct installation.
• All 2nd and 3rd tier subgroups: Headend Support, TV Support, Implementations & Maintenance, ISP, IP professional services, Transmission Operations, IP Backbone, Service Operations, Network & Application Services, Access Network Operations, IT, ...
• Customer Project management
• Suppliers of equipment for ordering, timely delivery and installation of the material.
• Contractors, technicians for the cabling and installation of equipment
• Professional customers
• Experts in design and implementation of fiber networks
• Knowledge of fiber design & documentation toolset (e.g. GE SmallWorld or similar GIS applications)
• Excellent problem solving skills and getting things done mentality
Being the first point of contact for the installation team for technical problems. Give them the necessary technical support.
• Ability to balance between details and the big picture
• Follows the work orders and takes the necessary actions
• Strong analytical skills
• Outstanding communication skills in English. Knowledge of Dutch is an asset.
• Drive for results, eager to learn and grow
• Passionate about telecom and media
• Team player, pro-active and flexible