You will be joining the Enterprise Architecture department within the Group Information and Technology Strategy division.
The Enterprise Architecture team (EA) is a multi-disciplinary group of experienced architects in charge of :
· Defining the enterprise architecture directions & standards aligned to the company strategies & goals,
· Creating business cases to develop or transform the IT capabilities supporting the business units’ strategies,
· Maintaining a multi-year IT plan & technology roadmap, and providing steer for the decisions on IT investments,
· Defining IT architecture solutions (integrated process, applications, data and technology) to business problems in alignment with the enterprise architecture directions, and guiding the IT development teams during solution realization.
· You take a leading role in identifying the strategies required to support the long-term objectives of a major IT function.
· You develop business cases for major evolutions of our IT capabilities and you syndicate a wide range of senior stakeholders within business and IT (up to C-level).
· You contribute to the maintenance of the multi-year IT plan and participate to the related decision making (portfolio management).
· You cope with systems & problems of the most complex nature that span across functions / locations / organizations.
· You lead a small team of architects, i.e. manage and motivate them; review and assess their performance; support their professional development and enable them to optimize their contribution to the department.
· You manage, monitor and continuously improve the Enterprise Architecture processes.
· You drive the definition of “architecture blueprints” to clarify & refine the capabilities, the building blocks & the roadmap supporting major IT transformation initiatives. In this context,
- You ensure a proper translation of business needs into a set of structured business process, knowledge, technology, and organization specifications that satisfy the clients’ strategic and operational objectives,
- You are responsible for understanding and assessing the clients’ needs, identifying issues & opportunities (incl. new & innovative technologies) and recommending appropriate solutions.
Good command of English (written & spoken)
3-5 year experience as enterprise architect (ideally in a global/central/group enterprise architecture unit)
We need the person to be quickly productive => fast learner, result-oriented, autonomous, up-to-speed with today's themes (digital transformation, cloud, AI, agile, etc.), able to tap on external resources (own network, etc.) when required
· You have worked for more than 10 years in the IT industry and more than 5 year in the wholesale financial IT sector.
· You have worked as lead architect on large-scale transformation projects (> €10 mio) developing and deploying core transactional applications in the financial IT sector, or you have a proven experience as senior Entreprise Architect in companies comparable to the client.
· You have a proven experience in setting up & applying formal architecture governance.
· You have a proven experience in leading a small team of architects.
· You can tackle autonomously all types of architectural analysis and can provide global & pragmatic recommendations adapted to the company context.
· You have a strong desire to make a difference: you are convinced that small focused cross-functional teams can significantly improve the business alignment and the value of proposed solutions in terms of TCO, risk, time-to-market and future agility.
· You are conceptual and creative: you are able to recognize common patterns or generic aspects in elements that seem unrelated at first sight, and to transpose existing solutions in a creative fashion to new situations.
· You are a strong problem-solver: you demonstrate strong analytical skills (e.g. breaking up & structuring complex problems into manageable pieces), you can apply them to problems spanning across multiple architectural domains, you strive for a pragmatic approach (80/20 rule) and you focus on tangible and actionable results.
· You identify the need for change and propose solutions that are innovative and have a significant strategic impact.
· You are able to work with people from different areas (Business and IT) through strong inter-personal skills (active listening, empathy, influencing) and to steer working groups.
· You are able to effectively communicate and advocate for the architecture recommendations vis-à-vis project delivery teams and senior business and IT management of the company.
· A strong command of English is required.
· Knowledge of post-trade market infrastructures (e.g. CSD), knowledge of Enterprise Architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF) and relevant experience with Agile operating models and frameworks are extra assets.