The aim is to be the future of high quality home renovation and repairs, an intelligent marketplace connecting customers with the right trader to suit their needs. We're scaling quickly (and have already been featured on national TV) and will be looking for an enthusiastic technologists to join the team, to help us scale the product and enhance it over the coming years.
What you'll do:
● Build and own platform operations for our venture as we launch. Responsibilities range from production environment build, deployments to automation and performance tuning.
● Anticipate operational problems by monitoring system performance and studying operating targets. Recommend solution to operational problems identified.
● Work closely with development team to manage system lifecycle including change and configuration management
● Troubleshoot any emergency infrastructure incident to achieve optimal application performance and stability
What you'll need:
● Knowledge of infrastructure security and monitoring
● Comfortable working in a fast paced, ambiguous environment
● Experience building AWS based, scalable, and highly available distributed infrastructure for high traffic web/mobile application and big data analytics platform
● Hands on experience in shell scripting and at least one scripting language
● Expert knowledge in UNIX, Networking, and Security
● Experience in production support (infrastructure and service operation) for large scale deployment
● Terraform for configuration management
● Experience in source control and continuous delivery tools
● Docker for building and maintaining production container environments
● BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
● Experience with Agile software development
● Good understanding of event management, incident management and problem management
● Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. quality assurance, review, documentation etc.)