The Business/Functional Analyst is involved in a scrum team (in a Hybrid Agile context: the Development team works in Sprints, the rest uses the waterfall approach) on a great strategic program (NLBT), innovative in the insurance industry. The client will be one of the first insurance companies to roll out a program like this.
We are looking for a Business/Functional Analyst to join the program to drive multiple end-to-end topics, with a focus on the migration track.
Given the large strategic program, with external suppliers and several delivery tracks, we are using different methodologies which are Agile minded and Hybrid Agile (Agile + Prince 2) based.
Within this role, The Business/Functional Analyst writes & analyzes requirements and processes, taking into account the context (existing architecture, existing other projects, technical possibilities and limitations, etc.). He reviews the impact on both Business and IT.
1. Business Requirements & processes
• Review and/or write the high-level business requirements together with the Business
• Write the As-Is and To Be processes, get validation from the Business
• Critically evaluate the requirements, prioritize the requirements
• Participate in defining, weighing and checking the scope of the project.
• Write the detailed requirements by e.g. translating the high-level requirements into user stories.
• Ensure that the detailed requirements are understood by appropriate parties, from a functional point of view.
• Propose alternatives for solutions where needed.
2. Functional analysis
• Take charge in finding the relevant functional and technical information, given that there is not a lot of documentation foreseen, the knowledge is mostly shared amongst the people
• Quickly resume the required information and acquire the necessary knowledge to perform the functional analysis
• Perform functional analysis of the systems in cooperation with the business representatives
• Organize, if necessary, review cycle(s) with appropriate parties
• Take the final responsibility regarding the quality of the functional phase with the aim of determining the potential functional changes and / or improvements as well (impact analysis / gap analysis)
• Document the outcomes of the functional analyses
3. Technical design
• Assess whether technical analysis meets the functional requirements.
• Organize if necessary, review cycle(s) with appropriate parties.
5. Follow-up (for the more medior/senior profile)
• Participate on workload estimates for writing out both Functional and Technical Analysis, based upon the high-level Business requirements.
• Participate to any project phase where required e.g. key actor in testing phases (System testing, Uat, etc.) by analyzing defects and providing solutions.
• Language: English - Excellent verbal and written communication in English, including technical writing
• Proactive personality
• Strong communication skills, with ability to liaise with various stakeholders and explain complex solutions in clear and concise language
• Can work in a flexible, consultancy minded learning environment
• Able to get to know the organization and the culture rapidly
• Interested in interaction with various nationalities, partners, ...
• Experience in requirement engineering, incl. requirement gathering, structured (functional) specifications writing, user story writing, modelling languages such as UML
• Experience in process description & modelling and as-is and to-be analysis
• Ability to run effective workshops with IT and business stakeholders
• Capable of drafting high quality slides and summarizing complex solutions and issues
• Capable of analysing complex systems and impacts on both Business and IT
• Experience in Insurance Non-Life, or more generally in financial services
• Solution-oriented and ability to translate business strategy into implementable solution and quickly deliver results in a challenging environment
• Experience in (data) migration tracks
• Experience in agile and IT & Business transformation programs
Nice to have
• Language: knowledge of Dutch and or French will be considered a plus
• Knowledge of Guidewire (e.g. PolicyCenter, DataHub)
• PRINCE2 certification
• Experience with Jira