BU-IT PLO Finance & Deliver: Business Analyst (SAP FI/CO)
Purpose of the function
The Business Analyst is part of the Finance team, reporting to the Product Line Owner Finance, within the organization. In the Finance and Deliver domain, Galaxy SAP is the main application for more than 30 MRCs in the region to manage: Account-to-Report, Order to Cash and Procure-to-Pay processes, as well as Legal, Corporate and Management reporting.
The Business Analyst role requires a broad understanding of application design and business processes, coupled with skills to manage relationships with the Business and across IT.
In his position is supporting the Functional Process Owner for Business process alignment and Implementation of improvements for the process.
Functional solution ownership
• Support Domain/Process owners for Account to report, Invoice to cash, procure to pay, management accounting and Master data.
• Support Domain/Process Owner for all the changes that are implemented for the process on the platform.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert for the functional process. Is able to design lean and effective solutions.
• Strong knowledge on integration within the various SAP modules and able to propose effective integrations with internal and external partners (customer, supplier, logistic providers).
Business process alignment
• Support Domain/Functional Process Owner in prioritization of initiatives and identification of improvements.
• Expert knowledge of changing business processes and the subsequent impact on applications. Solid knowledge of how processes are adopted and used by different user groups and geographies.
Implementation of improvements
• Support Domain/Functional Process Owner throughout the system lifecycle of the process and/or cluster. Consulting IT Application Services (AS) during Functional & Technical Design, Build (ABAP, Security), Unit testing and System testing. Supporting Functional Process Owner for User Acceptance testing and Key User training.
• Supporting planning and overseeing the successful deployment of changes into the live environment.
• Applies compliance requirements within scope of responsibility, provides documentation as necessary, and participates in compliance activities as required
• Ability to proper to understand challenge and document complex business requirements as for change to current processes as for new processes
• Ability to design processes in the application in the area of expertise, as configuring the standard functionalities as specifying additional developments in order to meet business requirements
• Ability to design lean and effective processes and how to monitor the quality of the process.
• Ability to benchmark solution within J&J and in the external environment.
• Benchmark solution in the different environments establishing best practices for defined processes
• Provides mentorship or guidance to more junior staff.
• Clearly understand the potential impact of system design/system change to the integrated SAP modules / interfaces involving respective experts and team
• 5+ years hands-on functional configuration experience with SAP FI (G/L, AA, A/P, A/R) and CO modules:
• Support Domain/Functional Owner to build a strong business case for new projects: Define project scope, business benefits, project budget and potential risks & constraints.
• Working understanding of generally accepted project management methodologies, tools, and techniques
• Act as key technical advisor to project teams and/or manage small sized projects.
B.A. /B.S. degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Economics or other related field; an advanced degree is desirable.
Professional certifications are a plus, especially in SAP FI CO, Project Management and ITIL.
• 5+ years of IT experience in a corporate environment supporting SAP projects is required. Experience in managing and motivating people is an advantage. The ability to successfully prioritize and manage multiple activities is required.
• Excellent knowledge of the SAP FI CO module and knowledge of the integration points with SAP MM, FI and CO modules.
• Strong knowledge of Order to Cash process in particular and Supply Chain processes in general.
• Experience in Finance requirements gathering; customer interaction, detailed documentation of requirements and functional specifications, creation of process and data flows
• Ability to guide a workstream
• Ability and knowledge of project planning and tracking skills; realistic planning and delivery according to plan.
• Solid knowledge of formal Change Management and System Development Life Cycle methodologies.
• Strong analytical skills and problem-solving skills.
• Strong communication skills and a fluent knowledge of English.
• Solid relationship-building skills, team player.
• Strongly result driven, quick learner, self-starter.
• Experience with interfaces, IDOCs, ABAP and/or SAP authorizations is a plus.
• Knowledge of SOX compliance and/or GMP validation is a plus.
• Good knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other MS office tools is a must.
• Experience with HP Quality Center is a plus.