Solution Architect - Senior
Description:Our client is looking for a solution architect with significant expertise in defining and implementing applications in a complex business landscape.
As a Solution Architect you will be part of the IT-strategy domain.
The consultant will contribute to designing the IT landscape of the organisation based on the business strategy. You are the primary link between IT & business for the defined projects.
You will mainly be performing projects in our customer facing domains like customer self service (e.g. client-portal, website connections with internal systems, ... ) and marketing.
Primary Tasks and responsibilities
Involvement in the development of projects
- Help formulate the client’s need/requirement in high level lines throughout the workshops
- Evaluate different solutions in order to recommend one, based on the following principles: strategy, architectural principles, transition plan.
- Define and document the architectural solution
- Identify the impact of the chosen solution on the existing/new projects in sight
- In collaboration with a project manager assess and analyse the necessary tasks to be done in regards to a specific project, guiding the PM in the set-up phase
- Summarize the needs/requirements in a clear and deployable overview of tasks
- Communicate the solution to the organization (Business & IT)
- Identify the governance, transformation and organization models necessary to deploy the chosen solution
- Contribute to the financial forecasting and calculations of the mitigation plans including the identification of risks and dangers.
Business Strategic tasks
- Transform the IT strategy in an architecture that represents goals and target of the business
- Contribute to the business strategy development
- Understand and ameliorate the business strategy translating it into IT requirements with alignment guarantee
- Define a strategy which is in line with business and company culture/expectations
- Identify the interdependencies between projects in order to prioritize then in the organization roadmap
- Actualize the transformation plans (roadmap) based on the real time evolution of the projects
- Participate in the identification of the standards and architecture guidelines in regards to the job itself
- Initiate and maintain the architectural models
Secondary Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist the PM throughout the project set-up, deployment and assessment phases.
- Assist in meetings representing business’ interests and make sure alignment and cohesion is assured throughout all the phases, minimalizing the risks.
Technical profile requirements
- +5 years’ experience in a similar role as Solution Architect
- Excellent knowledge of Integration Architecture
- Experience in the domain of content management systems & marketing automation tooling is a plus.
- Experience in an organisation with a similar complex business landscape
- Experience and knowledge of Cloud Technology (AWS, Azure,..)
- Experience with working in projects with applied methodologies (Agile development, Safe)
- Experience with applying risk management in IT solutions
- Experience in calculating total cost of IT Tools and applying them to a solution architecture
- Background in data base modelling & software development
- Excellent knowledge of ArchiMate, BPMN, UML (Certification is a plus)
Non-Technical profile requirements
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work on multiple simultaneous tasks with limited supervision
- Quick learner, motivated self-starter
- Result oriented & customer cantered
- Structured / Organized
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and team collaboration skills
- High accountability and team spirit values
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science OR equivalent through experience.
- Excellent knowledge of French or Dutch and able to follow a conversation in the other language
APPLY FOR A JOB
You are about to apply for the job "Solution Architect - Senior".